Yamaha "SRX-6 super single" Board

Normale Version: British SRX owner
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Hi Guys,

I'm a 65 year old (lucky) owner of 2 SRX's - one monoshock and one recently purchased twinshock. I have been riding my twinshock for 2 years now and in that time have never seen another one on the roads of Yorkshire. I purchased my first SRX via eBay from a guy in Canterbury who had rebuilt the bike over several years but then got tired of it and sold it to me for the princely sum of £900.00 The bike's frame and wheels had been powder coated and all frame, swinging arm, and wheel  bearings had been replaced and the fork legs re-chromed. The only bad bits were that the petrol tank had dints in it and was very rusty inside and the engine cases looked terrible so I got to work de-rusting the tank, filled the dints, re-sprayed the tank, and rear cowling and spent a happy winter polishing the engine cases with Wet or Dry paper and Solvol Autosol.  I got a friend to laser cut some custom side panels and front sprocket cover out of 0.9mm, mirror finish, stainless steel. The front brakes seized on when I tested them so I spent a few hours tracing the fault to a blocked return hole in the bottom of the reservoir. I had the seat recovered by a local expert. I fitted a new battery and she started on the 3rd kick! I have always been a fan of big singles and also own a Suzuki S40 Savage bur riding the SRX was a revelation! - The riding position, the low down grunt of that wonderful engine and the SOUND! - With a Supertrapp silencer it sounds Gorgeous!

What more can I say? I will NEVER sell this bike - I absolutely LOVE it. :-)
Wow...a fine bike :-)
Welcome Mark
You did a wonderful job on the bike. It looks marvelous! I'd love to hear the Supertrapp Smile

Greetings
Wolfgang
Wellcome Mark

Great Job.
I like the color scheme.
How about a set of new break lines for safety reason?

Cheers
Peter
Thanks Peter

Yes! some new braided brake lines are on my Winter's 'To Do' list - hoping to get the bike on the road with new lines, headlamp shell and speedo and rev counter housings :-)

Best

Mark

(08.02.2019, 00:03)Tintin schrieb: [ -> ]Welcome Mark
You did a wonderful job on the bike. It looks marvelous! I'd love to hear the Supertrapp Smile

Greetings
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang

Thanks for the compliment - you can hear my Supertrapp here:

Best

Mark
(07.02.2019, 17:37)markbokowiec schrieb: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

I'm a 65 year old (lucky) owner of 2 SRX's - one monoshock and one recently purchased twinshock. I have been riding my twinshock for 2 years now and in that time have never seen another one on the roads of Yorkshire. I purchased my first SRX via eBay from a guy in Canterbury who had rebuilt the bike over several years but then got tired of it and sold it to me for the princely sum of £900.00 The bike's frame and wheels had been powder coated and all frame, swinging arm, and wheel  bearings had been replaced and the fork legs re-chromed. The only bad bits were that the petrol tank had dints in it and was very rusty inside and the engine cases looked terrible so I got to work de-rusting the tank, filled the dints, re-sprayed the tank, and rear cowling and spent a happy winter polishing the engine cases with Wet or Dry paper and Solvol Autosol.  I got a friend to laser cut some custom side panels and front sprocket cover out of 0.9mm, mirror finish, stainless steel. The front brakes seized on when I tested them so I spent a few hours tracing the fault to a blocked return hole in the bottom of the reservoir. I had the seat recovered by a local expert. I fitted a new battery and she started on the 3rd kick! I have always been a fan of big singles and also own a Suzuki S40 Savage bur riding the SRX was a revelation! - The riding position, the low down grunt of that wonderful engine and the SOUND! - With a Supertrapp silencer it sounds Gorgeous!

What more can I say? I will NEVER sell this bike - I absolutely LOVE it. :-)
This is my addition to my Black monoshock - a 3SX in Porche metallic orange. I have the carbs in bits for cleaning at the moment and the petrol tank for treating rust remover and then with sealer[attachment=1655]