Yamaha "SRX-6 super single" Board

Normale Version: Exhaust?
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
While looking for potential options for an SRX-6 exhaust, I stumbled across this on EBAY.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193996790493

With a bit of digging, it appears that the two input connectors measure 2.32" (58.928mm). Can someone confirm what the header pipe size is on the SRX?

Granted, you would have to mess about with some brackets to mount it, but it sure looks the part. Seems it would maintain the short, tucked-in, aesthetic of the stock exhaust.

I am not chasing performance. The objective is a deeper, more serious, sound to the exhaust note.

Thoughts?
(07.07.2022, 20:35)TrafGib schrieb: [ -> ]I am not chasing performance. The objective is a deeper, more serious, sound to the exhaust note.
Thoughts?
...Sound or not....best simply looks the original exhaust on the SRX. The exhaust from BSM sounds good but does not look good.
Considering a Yamaha SRX-6 is at least 32 yoars old now, it becomes more and more a collectors bike, getting its value from originality. So I would at least suggest to keep all original parts untouched, so it can be changed to its original condition if desired.
I have two (plus one not resurrected yet) SRXes: one changed seriously with items like single seat, small fairing, oil cooler, clutch cover window etc. and one totally untouched.

Has your bike arrived yet?
(08.07.2022, 09:40)wergan schrieb: [ -> ]Has your bike arrived yet?

Not yet. The transport company FINALLY picked it up, from the seller, yesterday (07/07), so it is en route. Estimated arrival is not until 7/21, so still waiting patiently.

I agree on the "collector's bike" aspect. Originality is typically valued most. In the end, I will likely leave the stock exhaust as is. Regardless, stock parts will always be retained for converting back when desired.

(08.07.2022, 09:30)CR schrieb: [ -> ]The exhaust from BSM sounds good but does not look good.

I agree with your assessment on looks. The modern sport bike "exhaust can" look simply does not belong on the SRX. Neither does anything larger, or longer, than stock. What caught my eye with the example I linked to is that its size and shape is very similar to stock.