Yamaha "SRX-6 super single" Board

Normale Version: Single Seat Cowl
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
On the SRX-6 Facebook forum, one of the users there posted pics of their bike with the nice looking single-seat cowl piece. In additional photos, there was a label showing with the maker's name and information. After digging a bit, I arrived at a website for the manufacturer. Upon sending an email, it turns out that they do still make this piece for €195.

Here is the contact info if anyone has interest.

Diopa Kunststofftechnik GFK
Richard Diopa

Römerstr.19
70180 Stuttgart
Phone: +49 711 604504
Fax:   +49 711 608469

Mail: info@diopa.com

http://www.diopa.com
Hallo Darrell,

da gefällt mir persönlich dieser aber besser. Vom Preisvorteil mal ganz abgesehen. 

Gruß Oliver
Hello Darrell, I had the very same single seat on my first SRX-6 back in 1991:
[attachment=2844] 1991
It was and still seems to be sold by EGU, formerly famous for Motor-tuning and displacement increase (SRX: 723 ccm). This seat is fitted replacing the original seat, so the original back, staying in place, and the single seat would make a unit. IMHO by far not as nice as the Ricambi Weiss seat:
[attachment=2845] 2020
let alone the price difference.

Sitzbankvergleich
I do prefer the look of the Ricambi Weiss. However, the full seat pad on the other one caught my eye. That, and it is a fast swap between the stock seat and the solo seat, since the stock cowl remains in place.

No doubt the price difference is substantial. I had the opportunity to buy the one in the photo used, for a discounted price. However, to look its best, it would need the paint redone, as well as the seat stitching. So, in the end, the money stacks up. I could likely start with the Ricambi Weiss, have it painted, and have a proper seat pad made for it and still come out ahead.

Easier to use the 20mm adhesive pad, rather than have an upholstery shop do a proper seat, but I can't imagine the 20mm pad being very comfortable for a long ride!
@ Werner:
Mal etwas ganz anderes:

Sowohl Motorräder als auch die dazugehörigen Fahrer sind immer noch beisammen und unternehmen gemeinsame Touren?
Sehr bemerkenswert :-)
Ja, das sind meine beiden Brüder. Bei ihnen sind es noch genau dieselben Motorräder wie 1991, bei mir ist es wie bekannt die Nachfolge-SRX.

Beide Fotos an der gleichen Stelle aufgenommen: am Rocher de Dabo in den Nordvogesen

Von uns aus weniger als 100 km und immer mal wieder Ziel einer Sonntagstour.