Yamaha "SRX-6 super single" Board

Normale Version: BikeMaster Mirrors
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
BikeMaster Old School Tube Mirrors. I used these on a previous bike. Loved them and wanted another set. Oddly hard to find. (P/N 60-0315) Finally located at J&P Cycles.

Mind blowing that, until after installing them, I had not noticed that the two mirror mounts, on the SRX-6, are in totally different locations! Left one high, and on top of the handlebar, yet the right one is low, further forward, and on top of the brake master cylinder. Now, how goofy is that? Impossible to make mirror positioning symmetrical.

[attachment=2888]
There are extensions und adaptors available to level the mirror mounts.
Something like this:

[attachment=2889]

Since Yamaha uses contrarotating threads (M10 x 1,25 - left hand thread on right hand mirror and vice versa) and not all aftermarket mirrors are available with left hand threads, there are also adaptors to change the sense of thread on the right hand mirror, so on both sides of the bike now right hand thread mirrors can be used.
(30.07.2022, 08:38)wergan schrieb: [ -> ]Yamaha uses contrarotating threads (M10 x 1,25 - left hand thread on right hand mirror and vice versa)

Yes. Fortunately, the BikeMaster set comes with adapter for both left and right hand threads. So, you are covered either way. Now, to your point, I need to locate an extension, to raise it a bit. Thanks!
A bit is how much?
(30.07.2022, 18:15)wergan schrieb: [ -> ]A bit is how much?

Hard to measure accurately, but appears to be 18 to 20mm.

The left mirror screws into a riser, centered directly atop the handlebar. The right mirror screws into the brake master cylinder. Out in front of, and lower than, the top of the handlebar.

I found some M10 x 1.25 risers that measure 20mm, but the thread is wrong. The shortest reverse thread I have found, so far, is 40mm.
(31.07.2022, 17:07)wergan schrieb: [ -> ]https://www.ebay.de/itm/403113998728?chn...gL4IfD_BwE

Thanks. Unfortunately, "No shipping to the USA".

I will find some in the US eventually.
Finally found some that will work! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088PHR517

The one for the right screws in left-hand thread, but converts to right-hand thread. That is OK, because the BikeMaster kit comes with an adapter for both. In the end, the height of the right side mirror should match the left.