Yamaha "SRX-6 super single" Board

Normale Version: Further Progress
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
I was able to spend a few hours yesterday cleaning and polishing the rear rim. As with the front, lots of stains that required Scotch-Brite, steel wool, and honest sweat. Follow-up with Wizard's polish, and voilà!

Using the same general approach, I am working my through the bike. Most of the areas of surface rust, and corrosion, buff off and clean up nicely. The bike is coming along wonderfully, transitioning from one that looks good 6 feet away, into one that looks really nice right up close!

Still a lot to be done, however the results so far are motivating. The BikeMaster mirrors work well for the aesthetic of the bike. And, thanks to the incredible generosity of a member of this forum, I have a European spec taillight on the way! Swapping out the large, protruding, American version for the tidy Euro version should make a huge difference in the aesthetic of the bike.

I am still contemplating the best choice for swapping turn signals. The units on it, especially at the rear, are way too long. Very unattractive, they stick out like insect antenna. I have found a nice set, with traditional incandescent bulbs, thinking that would be preferred over the switch to LED, and the flasher change that goes with it. However, the incandescent bulbs are 10 watt and may still be problematic for the load-dependent flasher.

[Bild: p2XubPa.jpg]
little correction: voilà...
Have you taken the little "Schnapsglas" turn signal lights into consideration?
Looks nice from here.
How and how long did you work on the exhaust pipes?
(07.08.2022, 10:51)adilehoxha schrieb: [ -> ]How and how long did you work on the exhaust pipes?

About 2.5 to 3 hours on the exhaust pipes. They were in bad shape!

I started with 600 grit sandpaper, and Scotch-Brite pads, to get the major stuff off the pipes. I shifted to 600 grit sandpaper to smooth things out. Next came #2 steel wool, to get rid of the swirls. Then came 0000 steel wool to get a good smooth finish back.

With all that done, the polishing was done using Wizard's Polish Infused Cotton. Tear off a small piece and start rubbing away until nice and black with residue. Wipe away with a polishing cloth. Rinse and repeat 3 or 4 times.

Amazing stuff: https://www.tryalsshop.com/Polish-Infuse...p377098146

[Bild: mLUGYYr.jpg]
(06.08.2022, 22:25)wergan schrieb: [ -> ]little correction: voilà...

Indeed. Thanks.

(06.08.2022, 22:25)wergan schrieb: [ -> ]Have you taken the little "Schnapsglas" turn signal lights into consideration?

Not familiar with them. Would you point me to a source please?

Thanks,
Darrell
The Schnapsglas-Blinker follow the design of 70s Honda motorcycles, but in a smaller version.
They are made of polished aluminium and IMHO fit perfectly to the SRX-design.
Achjee :-)
Die hatte ich an meinem ersten Hobel CB400 four dran.

Hatte immer Spaß gemacht die zu polieren (was regelmäßig erforderlich war)

Ich finde jedoch das sie so typisch für die Formsprache des Honda-Designs der 70er sind dass Sie an einer Yamaha nichts verloren haben.
Honda war zur zeit der Schnapsgläser noch auf dem eher bulligen und eher konservativ eckigem Design unterwegs.
Gerade Yamaha (fand ich) war da weiter mit dem dynamischeren Linien.
Diese Blinker sind so typisch Honda 70s das ich die nicht an eine Yamaha klemmen würde.

Gruß
Peter
Ich habe sie an meiner silbernen SRX dran und finde, sie stehen ihr gut. Sie sind ja deutlich kleiner als die originalen und das polierte Aluminiumgehäuse passt gut zum Stil der SRX.
(08.08.2022, 17:20)wergan schrieb: [ -> ]The Schnapsglas-Blinker follow the design of 70s Honda motorcycles, but in a smaller version.
They are made of polished aluminium and IMHO fit perfectly to the SRX-design.

Thank you for the link.
Chris hatte ähnliche auch mal an einer seiner (26?) :-) SRXs

(08.08.2022, 23:40)wergan schrieb: [ -> ]Ich habe sie an meiner silbernen SRX dran und finde, sie stehen ihr gut. Sie sind ja deutlich kleiner als die originalen und das polierte Aluminiumgehäuse passt gut zum Stil der SRX.
(09.08.2022, 13:36)Peter-D schrieb: [ -> ]Chris hatte ähnliche auch mal an einer ....SRXs
hat immer noch....
(09.08.2022, 15:44)CR schrieb: [ -> ]
(09.08.2022, 13:36)Peter-D schrieb: [ -> ]Chris hatte ähnliche auch mal an einer ....SRXs
hat immer noch....

Love that seat!
(09.08.2022, 15:57)TrafGib schrieb: [ -> ]Love that seat!
I love everything about her....
(09.08.2022, 16:05)CR schrieb: [ -> ]
(09.08.2022, 15:57)TrafGib schrieb: [ -> ]Love that seat!
I love everything about her....

Custom made using a stock seat pan? Or, something that was (is) available to buy?

The worst thing about coming to these bikes late in the game is that all the folks that made cool parts for them don't any longer. On the other hand, maybe a good thing for helping perpetuate the "all original" bikes.