Yamaha "SRX-6 super single" Board

Normale Version: Aluminum Fork Leg Caps
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
A huge shout-out to Oliver ( @LucaGregory ) for sending me a goodie-box of items for my SRX. Among them were these custom aluminum fork leg caps. The o-ring on the back made installation simple. Pull out the stock rubber caps and plug in the aluminum version. No functional difference. Purely cosmetic bling!

On a side note, I am curious how many of out folks have low milage bikes? Any with less than 4.426 miles (7,123 kilometers)?

[Bild: 89ARCzu.jpg]
Two years ago to the day, I bought an SRX with original 7277 km.

Close to showroom condition, after full service she is starting and running good. Sleeps under a cover next to the daily driver SRX.
(17.08.2022, 08:41)wergan schrieb: [ -> ]Two years ago to the day, I bought an SRX with original 7277 km.

Beautiful bike. Like you, having such a low-milage original, I feel a responsibility to keep it as such. My tweaks have been minor, just for personal taste. I am struggling to leave the extremely long turn signals in place though!
(17.08.2022, 15:30)TrafGib schrieb: [ -> ]I am struggling to leave the extremely long turn signals in place though!
can you confirm the front and back turn signals have the same length? Original, the front light are 20-30% longer compared to the backlights. Maybe it was mixed previously. I would change it in any case...

cheers Chris
(17.08.2022, 16:57)CR schrieb: [ -> ]can you confirm the front and back turn signals have the same length?
The rubber stalks measure 2.5" front and back. Despite appearance, they are the same length.
Hello Darrell,

the rear turn signals are shorter than the front turn signals on the European models.

Greetings Oliver
(18.08.2022, 22:29)LucaGregory schrieb: [ -> ]Hello Darrell,

the rear turn signals are shorter than the front turn signals on the European models.

Greetings Oliver

Both of which are shorter than mine!  Sad

I am convinced that the rubber portion of the stalks can be removed. With just the plastic case in place, it would likely look good.

Removed from the bike, the mounting end does not seem to come loose. I did a bit of twisting and prying, but didn't want to get too aggressive. A closer look reveals a nut, inside the plastic housing, holding it to the threaded shaft. Taking that loose requires removing the internals from the blinker case. I didn't have the time, at that moment. Will explore further, later.

Across the various models, you would presume that the plastic case is all the same. They just attached different length stalk components, as needed.