Dieses Forum nutzt Cookies
Dieses Forum verwendet Cookies, um deine Login-Informationen zu speichern, wenn du registriert bist, und deinen letzten Besuch, wenn du es nicht bist. Cookies sind kleine Textdokumente, die auf deinem Computer gespeichert sind; Die von diesem Forum gesetzten Cookies düfen nur auf dieser Website verwendet werden und stellen kein Sicherheitsrisiko dar. Cookies auf diesem Forum speichern auch die spezifischen Themen, die du gelesen hast und wann du zum letzten Mal gelesen hast. Bitte bestätige, ob du diese Cookies akzeptierst oder ablehnst.

Ein Cookie wird in deinem Browser unabhängig von der Wahl gespeichert, um zu verhindern, dass dir diese Frage erneut gestellt wird. Du kannst deine Cookie-Einstellungen jederzeit über den Link in der Fußzeile ändern.

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
British SRX owner
Photo 
Hi Guys,

I'm a 65 year old (lucky) owner of 2 SRX's - one monoshock and one recently purchased twinshock. I have been riding my twinshock for 2 years now and in that time have never seen another one on the roads of Yorkshire. I purchased my first SRX via eBay from a guy in Canterbury who had rebuilt the bike over several years but then got tired of it and sold it to me for the princely sum of £900.00 The bike's frame and wheels had been powder coated and all frame, swinging arm, and wheel  bearings had been replaced and the fork legs re-chromed. The only bad bits were that the petrol tank had dints in it and was very rusty inside and the engine cases looked terrible so I got to work de-rusting the tank, filled the dints, re-sprayed the tank, and rear cowling and spent a happy winter polishing the engine cases with Wet or Dry paper and Solvol Autosol.  I got a friend to laser cut some custom side panels and front sprocket cover out of 0.9mm, mirror finish, stainless steel. The front brakes seized on when I tested them so I spent a few hours tracing the fault to a blocked return hole in the bottom of the reservoir. I had the seat recovered by a local expert. I fitted a new battery and she started on the 3rd kick! I have always been a fan of big singles and also own a Suzuki S40 Savage bur riding the SRX was a revelation! - The riding position, the low down grunt of that wonderful engine and the SOUND! - With a Supertrapp silencer it sounds Gorgeous!

What more can I say? I will NEVER sell this bike - I absolutely LOVE it. :-)

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

Danke von:
Wow...a fine bike :-)
SG aus Wiesbaden!
Jörg
Danke von: markbokowiec
Welcome Mark
You did a wonderful job on the bike. It looks marvelous! I'd love to hear the Supertrapp Smile

Greetings
Wolfgang
Danke von:
Wellcome Mark

Great Job.
I like the color scheme.
How about a set of new break lines for safety reason?

Cheers
Peter
Danke von:
Thanks Peter

Yes! some new braided brake lines are on my Winter's 'To Do' list - hoping to get the bike on the road with new lines, headlamp shell and speedo and rev counter housings :-)

Best

Mark

(08.02.2019, 00:03)Tintin schrieb: Welcome Mark
You did a wonderful job on the bike. It looks marvelous! I'd love to hear the Supertrapp Smile

Greetings
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang

Thanks for the compliment - you can hear my Supertrapp here:

Best

Mark
Danke von:
(07.02.2019, 17:37)markbokowiec schrieb: Hi Guys,

I'm a 65 year old (lucky) owner of 2 SRX's - one monoshock and one recently purchased twinshock. I have been riding my twinshock for 2 years now and in that time have never seen another one on the roads of Yorkshire. I purchased my first SRX via eBay from a guy in Canterbury who had rebuilt the bike over several years but then got tired of it and sold it to me for the princely sum of £900.00 The bike's frame and wheels had been powder coated and all frame, swinging arm, and wheel  bearings had been replaced and the fork legs re-chromed. The only bad bits were that the petrol tank had dints in it and was very rusty inside and the engine cases looked terrible so I got to work de-rusting the tank, filled the dints, re-sprayed the tank, and rear cowling and spent a happy winter polishing the engine cases with Wet or Dry paper and Solvol Autosol.  I got a friend to laser cut some custom side panels and front sprocket cover out of 0.9mm, mirror finish, stainless steel. The front brakes seized on when I tested them so I spent a few hours tracing the fault to a blocked return hole in the bottom of the reservoir. I had the seat recovered by a local expert. I fitted a new battery and she started on the 3rd kick! I have always been a fan of big singles and also own a Suzuki S40 Savage bur riding the SRX was a revelation! - The riding position, the low down grunt of that wonderful engine and the SOUND! - With a Supertrapp silencer it sounds Gorgeous!

What more can I say? I will NEVER sell this bike - I absolutely LOVE it. :-)
This is my addition to my Black monoshock - a 3SX in Porche metallic orange. I have the carbs in bits for cleaning at the moment and the petrol tank for treating rust remover and then with sealer    
Danke von:

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste